Porterville Unified School District has scheduled kindergarten registration for the district’s ten elementary schools. In accordance with the Kindergarten Readiness Act (Senate Bill 1381), students reaching the age of 5 on or before September 1 can enroll in kindergarten, but those students reaching the age of 5 between September 2 and December 2 will be enrolled in a transitional kindergarten program, which is a two-year program.
Students must be present for kindergarten registration.
Registration for Los Robles Elementary will be February 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. AND 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Registration packets can be picked up at the PUSD District Office - 600 W. Grand Ave.
1. Verification of student’s age is required for kindergarten registration.
2. The following immunizations and medical tests are required by law before a child can be enrolled in school:
- Minimum of 3 IPV (oral polio vaccine) and 4 DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) if both are given after the 4th birthday. However, a child will be fully immunized with 4 IPV and 5 DPT, regardless of the age in which the last dose was received.
- Two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) administered after the 1st birthday.
- One PPD (mantoux), tuberculin skin test including results.
- Three doses of hepatitis B immunizations are required for kindergarten entry.
- Two Varicella (chickenpox vaccine)
Please call the school site or the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services (793-2453) if you have questions regarding kindergarten registration.